Project Management in language you'll understand, using the techniques used by project professionals
Deliver your projects on time, to scope and within budget.
Project Management is one of the most important roles in any business - whether those projects are to bring internal improvements, develop new products and services, or to deliver solutions which have been sold to customers. Yet it's a sad fact that many project managers performing this vital role have received little or no formal training. This is where Navanter steps in - our Introduction to Project Management brings the vital skills to manage all these types of project, and more.
In 2 days of practical, hands-on learning, we look at the key skill areas of time, cost, and scope, as well as those grey areas in between, to help any project manager to bring structure, consistency, and predictability to their projects.
What is Project Management?
- Project Management defined
- Why is Project Management important?
- Should I be running more of my work as a project?
The Project Management Lifecycle
- Key stages in project development
- Project Manager tasks throughout the project
- Choosing Waterfall or Agile Project Management
Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Knowing your boundaries
- The Project Charter - your most essential document
- Gaining buy-in without formal authority
Working with stakeholders
- What is a stakeholder?
- Stakeholder types
- Communicating with different stakeholder types
Managing risks in projects
- What is Risk Management?
- Assessing and categorising risks
- Risk response options
Creating a Project Plan
- Elements of a Project Plan
- The Work Breakdown Structure
- Working with Network Diagrams & task dependencies
Managing a project team
- Creating a team vision
- Understanding personality types
- Getting the best out of others and resolving conflict
Closing a project
- Measuring the finished project against the spec
- Handing the project over to the customer
- Documenting Lessons Learned
Increased organisational skills
- Project planning to increased efficiency
- Task prioritisation
- Understanding task dependencies
Better interpersonal skills
- Increased self-awareness with NPSI™
- Understanding of wants and needs
- Bridging stakeholders' current & desired knowledge
Risk Management skills
- Reduce task over-runs by improved risk management
- Risk assessment and prioritisation
- Respond to and minimise risks
Advanced stakeholder management
- Measure stakeholders' impact on a task
- Gain stakeholder buy-in through tailored messaging
- Use key influencers to gain support from others
We believe we're unique in the training industry with the breadth of our practical, hands-on experience we bring to businesses. Over 20 years' sales experience, 14 years' management experience and training experience since 2006 is very beneficial but not unique. Combining these with extensive Project Management experience, however, is.
Neil Shorney, principal training consultant and coach, has been working with projects since 2001, trained in line with the PMI's methodology, and been a certified Project Manager with the George Washington University School of Business since 2005, and he has trained Project Managers for the world's largest Project Management training company since 2012.
During this course, Neil strips away the complexity of both traditional and agile project management, to create a "best of both" approach to Project Management for those who want a simple, hands-on solution to their project challenges.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 session scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|
Learn more about our delivery formats.
People who viewed this course also looked at...
- Navanter Business Essentials
- How To Deliver Effective Virtual Training
- Advanced Facilitation Techniques for Virtual Training
- Running Effective Online Meetings
- Powerful Presentation Skills
- Effective Delegation Skills
- Finance for non-Finance Staff (coming soon!)
- Chairing Effective Meetings (coming soon!)
- Change Management (coming soon!)
- How To Take Minutes (coming soon!)
- Interviewing Skills (coming soon!)
- Facilitation Skills (coming soon!)
- Negotiation Skills (coming soon!)
- Team-Building Workshop (coming soon!)
- Influencing Skills for non-Salespeople (coming soon!)
- Advanced Presentation Skills (coming soon!)
- Creating Presentations In PowerPoint (coming soon!)