An interactive exploration of how to write emails that work
How to ensure your emails hit the mark every time, and have the impact you need them to have.
Despite it having been in general use for over 30 years, email remains one of the most common ways for people to communicate in the business world. Unfortunately, it is also one of the most over-used, and most poorly-used communication media. We all get too many emails (thank you to all those people who like to "reply all" in their responses!) and it's all too easy for important messages to get lost in over-crowded inboxes.
In this high-impact, interactive course, you'll learn how different people receive emails in different ways, and how to modify your approach to ensure that the email gets noticed, read and acted-upon, whoever the recipient is.
What makes a high-impact email?
- What effect do you want your email to have?
- What could get in the way of it "working"?
- Defining high-impact email
Making the right choice
- Is email the right communication medium?
- Using the Medium Selection Grid
- How to use email in the right way
- Recognising the 4 main communication styles
- Identifying your natural communication preferences
- Modifying your style to get the best response
Structuring your email for maximum impact
- The importance of a well-structured email
- The ARBA communication structure
- Hands-on structuring of your email message
Email best practice
- Appreciating that email approach needs to flex
- The 7 rules of writing effective emails
- Creating your personal email cheat-sheet
Bringing it all together
- Putting your learning into practice
- Writing your own high-impact email
- Your email action plan and commitments
A deeper understanding of communication
- Knowing when to use various communication media
- The Medium Selection Grid to make the right choices
- Understanding of the limitations of different media
Personal knowledge of communication style
- Your personalised NPSI™ profile
- Deeper understanding of how you communicate
- Ability to recognise styles in others
Comprehensive knowledge of email etiquette
- Experience of evaluating emails for effectiveness
- A high-impact email example, written by you
- Best-practice email rule book for daily use
Changed behaviours in the workplace
- Ability to write emails that hit the mark
- Improved understanding of emails received
- Renewed confidence in sending effective emails
Employees who would like to make their emails more impactful, to get the responses they need from emails, and who could use a little help structuring messages.
With our history in sales training and consulting, we know the impact that needs to be made with emails - if an email goes to a client with important information which isn't properly received or understood, that could result in lost revenue for the organisation. But what about internal emails? Or emails to suppliers? Many people overlook these, but at Navanter Knowledge Bites, we recognise the value in bringing these best practices to anyone who sends emails which need to be understood.
During this course, we bring established best practice, and our own unique insights, to anyone who needs to write emails which have greater impact, and achieve the purpose for which they're written.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|
Learn more about our delivery formats.