A practical course to help you take control of your stakeholder relationships
Unlock the potential in the people around you on your project to help you power yourself to success by working with your stakeholders to achieve success.
Stakeholders are everywhere! They impact projects, deadlines, organisations, sales, and just about every other aspect of business life. But for many people, many stakeholders are either not on the radar, or they are on the radar but how to manage these people and groups is a mystery.
In this hands-on course, we'll demistify the stakeholder landscape for you, and help you to expand the number of stakeholders you work with, manage the relationships between them, and work to get them to work with you rather than against you.
You'll begin by considering your own work, and who could have an impact on that. Then you'll consider the attributes of your diverse group of stakeholders, and what that means in terms of managing these individuals and groups to help your project to be a success. You'll also learn about the negative side of stakeholder management - how to recover relationships when things go wrong.
Setting the scene
- Selecting a real situation to work on
- Identifying a goal in your stakeholder network
- Defining "stakeholder"
Your stakeholder network
- Identifying all your stakeholders
- Helping stakeholders to self-identify
- Expanding your stakeholder network
- The Power-Interest matrix
- The Support Continuum
- Identifying stakeholders languages
Beginning stakeholder relationships the right way
- Developing your client/supplier stakeholder team
- Building relationships across cultural divides
- Collaborating to agree a team contract
Dealing with difficult stakeholders
- Building your personal resilience
- Identifying when conflict is arising
- Diffusing conflict in a stakeholder team
- Reviewing your stakeholder goal
- Strategic stakeholder management planning
- Personal action plan
Expanded stakeholder network
- New understanding of who could be stakeholders
- Techniques to contact new stakeholders
- A better-understood network of stakeholders
Increased confidence dealing with stakeholders
- Learn what makes you important to your stakeholder
- Build your resilience in difficult situations
- Understand how to get stakeholders to talk to you
- Helpful tools to help you work with stakeholders
- Repeatable stakeholder management process
- Quickly evaluate stakeholders
Personal action plan
- Strategic action plan for managing stakeholders
- Personal plan to grow your relationships
- Small-group support network for further growth
Anyone who manages projects and has to deal with other people who are not direct reports, and needs to coordinate this diverse group to maximise the chance of project success.
At Navanter Knowledge Bites, we span the divide between sales and project delivery. This oversight of a business is vital to develop stakeholder relationships.
Salespeople are naturally good at developing relationships, and at understanding decision-making structures which have an impact on their sales. Project Managers are very good at developing both strategic and tactical plans to achieve a goal. And at Knowledge Bites, we bring these contrasting skill sets into a neat package to help you to develop, and strategically manage, your stakeholder relationships
Let Knowledge Bites help you to take hold of your stakeholder relationships and power your projects to success.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,500|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£2,000|