Get the sales skills you need to succeed in recruitment
Move the recruiter-client relationship to Trusted Business Partner as you increase candidate placements & client satisfaction.
As a recruitment consultant, it's easy to forget that you're a salesperson by a different name - you sell employees to businesses and jobs to candidates. Strong sales skills are vital to succeed in this competitive environment as you set yourself apart from the competition and increase your success rate.
In this hands-on course, you'll learn why formal sales skills are vital to win new clients, and how these same sales skills can help you to understand what your clients are looking for in a candidate and therefore increase your placement rate. You'll learn a formal sales process and various questioning frameworks to understand client and candidate requirements, and organisational skills to balance the huge volume of candidates who all have very individual needs. By the end of this course, you'll have an in-depth understanding of how to increase client satisfaction and generate more referrals as you change your image from recruiter to strategic partner.
Connecting Sales and Recruitment
- How recruitment is a sales role
- ...and how it's different
- Recruitment from the client's point of view
Making an impact with customers on the phone
- Creating an opening that engages the customer
- Customer perception of a salesperson
- Overcoming initial resistance
Differentiating your service from competitors
- Identifying Unique Selling Points
- Understanding your strengths
- Creating a client-focused Unique Selling Combination
- Aligning your questions to customer strategy
- Prompting the customer to think more deeply
- Turning customer narrative into a brief
Matching the candidate to the client brief
- Describing the candidate to engage the customer
- Building any weaknesses into your "pitch"
- Gaining commitment to interview the candidate
Selling to both parties
- Managing the customer-candidate relationship
- Prepating the candidate to succeed at interview
- Effective customer follow-up after interview
Building effective relationships
- Measuring trust in the relationship
- Pro-active steps to increase mutual trust
- Managing the ongoing relationship
- Showing how your service is different
- How to ask for referrals
- Following up on referrals
Sales confidence in a recruitment role
- Ability to make an impact with new clients
- Pro-active phone manner
- Effective call opening structure
Differentiating from the competition
- Differentiating on service, not candidates
- Gaining a deeper understanding of client's business
- Being seen as a partner, not a recruiter
Questioning skills for recruitment sales
- A personal question bank to plan the sale
- Recruitment consultation questions
- Ability to ask the right questions, gently
- Closing the client on the candidate
- Closing the candidate on the client
- Ability to negotiate the details
Recruitment consultants who want to win more business, place more candidates and increase referrals from the clients.
After 14 years of recruiting salespeople and others staff, Neil Shorney, Director and Principal Trainer, is still frustrated by the generally poor sales skills of recruitment consultants. Of all the services available to businesses, the gulf between good and bad is never larger than in recruitment. At the top end, there are absolutely first-class salespeople who make recruitment enjoyable and productive. At the bottom lies wasted time, frustration and disappointing interviews.
Navanter is out to change this and help all consultants to shake off the poor image inherent in the industry, and become valuable partners to today's managers and leaders.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|
Learn more about our delivery formats.
People who viewed this course also looked at...
- How To Run An Engaging Virtual Sales Meeting
- Consulting Skills for Dynamic Sales
- Sales Skills for Recruitment Consultants
- Selling With Impact on the Telephone
- LinkedIn™ Skills for Salespeople
- How To Network (coming soon!)
- Selling At Trade Shows (coming soon!)
- Sales Negotiation Skills (coming soon!)
- Business Storytelling for Salespeople (coming soon!)