Take your sales skills to a new level
Go beyond a traditional sales approach, and completely involve your customer in the development of your solution.
Most salespeople know that the key to winning business is by asking the right questions to understand a customer's needs, then match a solution to those needs. This advanced sales training course takes the salesperson's skills beyond this traditional sales approach, and teaches how to completely involve the customer in the development of the solution themselves, thereby increasing buy-in to the proposed solution and maximising the likelihood of a sale.
On this training course, you'll learn how to be a consultant and business partner within a sales context.
The course begins by identifying 5 key question types, which help customers to fully understand their business, what's led to their current situation, the possibilities which exist to improve, and then to set their own steps in place to lead to change - all under the guidance of the salesperson. From here, we look at how different people have different motivational values, and how the salesperson can adapt their communication and solution to the individual they're dealing with. This course uses the industry-standard SDI® tool to explore relationships between salespeople and customers.
Defining sales and consulting
- What sales really is
- The role of a consultant
- Bringing sales and consulting together
Creating credibility with prospects
- Effective pre-meeting research
- Raising the prospect's perception of the seller
- Maintaining a collaborative approach
Question types for sales consultations
- The 5 question types for consultations
- Which question type to ask when
- Creating your own questions for your sales
Facilitation skills for requirements gathering
- What is facilitation?
- Key facilitation techniques for sales meetings
- Getting a quiet group to open up
The sales consulting process
- Setting the scene for consultative selling
- How to engage the prospect from the beginning
- Guiding the prospect to find their own solution
Understanding communications using NPSI™
- The 4 main communication styles
- Typical behaviours in a sales meeting
- Flexing your style to work with others
Moving from consultation to sale
- Spotting buying signals
- Changing the tone to indicate sale progression
- Closing the deal
Handling objections like a partner
- Preventing objections from coming
- The collaborative approach to objection handling
- Moving on from objections to the deal
Confidence to be different
- Enthusiasm to employ a new approach
- Differentiate yourself from the competition
- Impress prospects with a fresh approach
Increased ability to adapt to prospect needs
- Deeper understanding of prospect's drivers
- Increased buy-in from engaged prospects
- Prospects who have contributed to their solution
Comprehensive facilitation pack
- Questioning types cheat-sheet
- Personalised consultation question bank
- Diverse facilitation techniques for different groups
Enhanced objection-handling skills
- Collaborative approach to handling objections
- Prospects who raise fewer objections
- Shared goals and ways forward
Confident salespeople who want to take their skills to a new level as they work to develop true partnerships with their customers.
As a business consultancy, we understand that there's more to sales than just selling. Modern sales has moved beyond traditional "sales processes". Today's customer needs to feel understood and involved throughout the sale to give them the confidence that the solution or product truly helps their business achieve its strategy.
At Navanter, we often work with businesses to help them develop and communicate their strategy. We bring these sales consulting skills to this course, equipping talented salespeople to become collaborative sales consultants who find win-win outcomes for themselves and their customers.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,500|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£2,000|