A hands-on course to give participants the skills needed to run effective online meetings
Learn how to replicate face-to-face interactions in a virtual meeting environment, and achieve a productive outcome for participants.
Whether it's due to lack of office space, dispersed staff, environmental concerns, efficiency, or the latest health scare, there is a growing trend towards being able to operate removely, and towards meeting in online environments. For some of us, this makes complete sense, but for others it can be an intimidating prospect. Some staff members, even senior ones, have no experience in chairing online meetings. For others, they've been participants in them, but the experience was so poor that they're reluctant to run one themselves.
And this is where Running Effective Online Meeings comes to the rescue. A highly interactive course powered by accepted meeting best practice and Navanter's extensive experience in delivering engaging online content, you'll learn the what, the how and the why of online meetings, including the opportunity to take part in an online meeting of your own.
Online v face-to-face meetings
- The challenges of online meetings
- The benefits online can bring
- Deciding on the right option for your meeting
Getting support from your participants
- Selling the online dream
- Understanding participants' concerns
- Obtaining buy-in to online meetings
What makes an effective online meeting?
- The 3 success elements in any effective meeting
- Making these success elements work online
- Online equivalents of face-to-face interactions
The role of personality style
- Understanding yourself using the NPSI™
- How different styles behave in an online meeting
- Ensuring equal engagement from all participants
Mastering the technology
- Key features of online meeting platforms
- Selecting the most suitable platform for your meeting
- Using online meeting software to run meetings
Setting up an online meeting
- Creating a strong agenda
- Heading off technical problems from the outset
- Best practice to ensure maximum participation
Online meeting facilitation skills
- Innovative facilitation techniques for online meetings
- Using small-group break-out rooms for interaction
- Using tone-of-voice to overcome visual barriers
Trouble-shooting your online meeting
- Facilitating when some people have no microphone
- Managing behaviours in an online meeting
- Reviewing the experience & improving your process
Online meeting preparation kit
- Personal online meeting check-list
- Meeting agenda template
- Sample meeting invitation email
Transfer of skills to an online setting
- Better use of voice to create interest online
- Ability to keep participants involved remotely
- Online equivalents of key facilitation techniques
Understand of how personality style works online
- Appreciate your own strengths and weaknesses
- Get the best out of others remotely
- Adjust your communication style to the group
Online meeting participation experience
- Participate in (or lead) a best-practice online meeting
- Post-meeting debrief of actionable improvements
- Experience what does and doesn't work online
Professionals who need to more effectively chair virtual meetings, persuade others of the benefits of virtual meetings, and reach the meeting's objective even when participants are remote.
At Navanter, we've been running meetings and training sessions online for 10 years, and the most striking thing in the early days was that the participant feedback was at the same high standard as for our face-to-face training. As one of the pioneers of delivering live online experiences in an engaging way, Navanter is perfectly placed to help you to chair effective online meetings, which reach the goals you need them to reach.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|
Learn more about our delivery formats.