A high-impact simulation
Use the techniques employed by top Project Managers to deliver your project on time, to scope, and within budget
There are many project managers in the world – they’re experts in what they do, and have all the tools, experience and techniques to manage large-scale projects spanning industries, continents and cultures. Project Management is what these people do, and they keep the wheels of our businesses turning.
But what about the rest of us? Plenty of people manage projects with no formal training to help them do so, either because it’s a one-off project, or perhaps a small-scale project as part of another job. Help is at hand, with Navanter’s Project Management for non-Project Managers course. In this action-packed interactive workshop, anyone can learn how to manage projects, without the techno-babble associated with large-scale programmes.
In an action-packed day of practical, hands-on project simulation, we’ll look at how to manage a project from scratch in language anyone can understand, using many of the techniques used by project professionals to effectively manage the 3 key areas of projects: time, scope and cost.
Introduction to Project Management
- What is project management?
- Could I do my work smarter as a project?
- The project management lifecycle
- What are stakeholders?
- Consulting skills for developing requirements
- Scoping your project
- Risk Management plan
- Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Gantt Chart
Project Execution & Control
- Communication plan
- Earned Value Management
- Bringing a delayed project back on track
- What can go wrong at the end of a project?
- Tasks for the Project Manager at project closeout
- Documenting Lessons Learned
- To what extent is my work a project?
- Could I work more effectively?
- Implementing project management concepts at work
Scope and plan a project
- Identify stakeholders
- Gather requirements
- Create a project plan to deliver the right result
Use industry-standard project management tools
- Know which tools to use throughout the project
- Practise using tools in the training room
- Get ready-made templates to use on a real project
Understand best practice
- Know what a "great" project looks like
- Identify which elements of best practice to use
- Adapt a standard approach to each project's needs
Manage a simulated project in the training room
- Understand the key tools in a project context
- Practise skills in a safe environment
- Get feedback and guidance from an expert trainer
Anyone who has projects to manage as part of another job, or anyone who would benefit from bringing more organisation to their work. This course is also suitable for project managers who have had no formal training and want to try out their skills in a safe, simulated environment.
Having spent the majority of his career in sales and leadership roles for the world's largest project management training company, Neil has a unique perspective on the importance of project management techniques outside of a traditional project role.
Whilst at ESI, Neil trained major blue-chip organisations around the world in line with the PMI’s methodology. Neil has been a certified Project Manager with the George Washington University School of Business since 2005, and he works hard to bring bring project and delivery teams closer to the sales teams who sell solutions to be delivered. He does this through sharing skills across organisations, and breaking down the silos which typically separate these vital business functions.
As a dynamic soft-skills trainer, Neil brings a breath of fresh air to a typically technical discipline, enabling participants to learn in a practical, high-energy, and uncomplicated environment.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 session scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|
Learn more about our delivery formats.
People who viewed this course also looked at...
- Navanter Business Essentials
- How To Deliver Effective Virtual Training
- Advanced Facilitation Techniques for Virtual Training
- Running Effective Online Meetings
- Powerful Presentation Skills
- Effective Delegation Skills
- Finance for non-Finance Staff (coming soon!)
- Chairing Effective Meetings (coming soon!)
- Change Management (coming soon!)
- How To Take Minutes (coming soon!)
- Interviewing Skills (coming soon!)
- Facilitation Skills (coming soon!)
- Negotiation Skills (coming soon!)
- Team-Building Workshop (coming soon!)
- Influencing Skills for non-Salespeople (coming soon!)
- Advanced Presentation Skills (coming soon!)
- Creating Presentations In PowerPoint (coming soon!)