A complete toolkit to help you excel as a new leader
Embrace your new leadership responsibilities with confidence and professionalism.
Congratulations on your promotion to a leadership role - you've clearly been very successful in your career to get this far. Welcome to a completely new working environment as you embrace the challenges and responsibilities which leadership brings.
During this intensive training course, you'll explore exactly what it means to be a leader, from motivation to coaching to ethics, as well as some of the potential pitfalls. You'll learn how to manage changed business relationships with your previous peers and your new ones, and you'll leave the course equipped to launch your new career and make the role your own.
As well as understanding how to lead a team, you'll look at team development, recruitment, performance management and many other areas which gel together to make a strong, respected and successful leader.
- What is leadership?
- How is leadership different from management?
- What are the tasks of a leader?
What makes a great leader?
- Understanding strengths & weaknesses using SDI™
- Key attributes of top leaders
- Understanding current performance & growth areas
- What is performance management?
- Identifying performance levels in the team
- Increasing the performance of team members
Coaching & mentoring
- What is coaching? What is mentoring?
- The Navanter COURAGE coaching process
- Coaching question types
- Designing a job spec
- Screening CVs
- How to conduct a job interview
- Recognising when conflict arises
- Resolving conflict using the SDI™
- How to gel a team together
- Understanding your role in the organisation
- Working with your manager for business success
- Escalating issues where necessary
Bringing it all together
- Practical tips for new leaders
- Dealing with common team challenges
- Creating a new leader development plan
A new leader's tool-kit
- Models and templates to implement immediately
- Navanter's interview question bank
- Membership of Navanter Graduates LinkedIn group
More motivated leaders
- Drive & determination to succeed in a leadership role
- Understanding the role and expectations of a leader
- Ability to work upwards & downwards to drive growth
More effective interviews
- Recognising an effective interview
- Quick-and-easy CV screening & candidate red flags
- Spotting potential during interviews
More motivated team members
- Team members who are led rather than managed
- Improved relationships with managers
- A culture of coaching and development for all
New leaders from any background who need to rapidly get to grips with the additional demands of a leadership role.
The path towards leadership success is one of the most fascinating and stimulating progressions within your career, but is also fraught with danger for the under-prepared leader. Neil Shorney, director and principal instructor at Navanter, followed this path himself, progressing from sales to sales leadership through internal promotion.
During this course, Neil Shorney shares his highly personal first-hand experiences with you as you discuss what leadership means and how to be a successful leader, as you learn solid techniques to help you manage some of the most common challenges of a leadership role.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|
Learn more about our delivery formats.