A very practical look at feedback: what it is, how to give it, and how to ensure its impact
Learn the key elements of effective feedback, and how you can ensure your feedback always has the results you intend, by following a simple, memorable, and effective technique.
This highly practical course will shine a light on what feedback actually is, and what it isn't, to help you to give feedback which does what you need it to do: improve performance. Whether you're praising someone's quality of work, or giving feedback that something needs to change, you'll learn how to structure your feedback, delivery your feedback, and to encourage a feedback culture where team members are comfortable to help each other improve.
What is feedback?
- Defining feedback
- The value of feedback
- Why feedback is vital for any employee
Encouraging a feedback culture
- What is a feedback culture?
- Techniques to encourage feedback to flow
- Ensuring feedback is always well-intentioned
How to get feedback from others
- How to ask for the feedback you need
- Receiving feedback to encourage more in future
- Making others comfortable giving you feedback
Best practice in giving feedback
- Choosing your moment to give feedback
- Framing the feedback conversation
- Consistency in both positive and negative feedback
EAR: A simple and effective feedback framework
- Fitting your feedback into a framework
- Creating your own "best practice" feedback
- Delivering EAR feedback to others
Feedback as part of your toolkit
- Appreciating when feedback is not the solution
- Balancing your feedback
- Using feedback on persistent performance problems
Ability to give effective feedback
- Ensure the feedback is well-received
- Understanding what works and what doesn't
- Knowledge of how to fit feedback into a conversation
Effective repeatable process
- Simple yet effective template for feedback
- Feedback best practice guide
- Key words for asking for and receiving feedback
Understanding of the value of feedback
- Realisation that we all need feedback
- Ideas to create a feedback culture in the workplace
- Ability to help others give effective feedback
Hands-on feedback experience
- Create a real piece of feedback during the course
- Deliver that feedback to another person
- Receive feedback on the quality of your feedback
Anyone who works with other people, and wants to help others improve through giving high-quality feedback in a way that really works: formal leaders or individual contributors who recognise the value continuous development.
As experts in leadership and sales, Knowledge Bites is perfectly placed to help you perfect your feedback skills. Director, Neil Shorney, spent 14 years of his career managing a sales team in a changing business world, and recognised early on that giving feedback, both positive and negative, is vital in enabling an organisation to remain agile in the midst of change.
Neil's experience of giving feedback spans the full spectrum, from new starters through experienced team members, through to delivering feedback upwards to the board. And as a management consultant, he's also had to get comfortable giving feedback to people he has no authority over. By using Knowledge Bites for your feedback training, you'll be getting a holistic yet targeted approach to creating feedback that works.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|