A deep dive into Customer Service best practice
Learn the real function of Customer Service, and how to create delight even in the face of adversity
Discover what it really means to be an ambassador for your organisation, and "join the dots" to see how customer service fits into your organisation as a whole as you trace the customer's journey from first contact to loyal customer. During the discussions and exercises, you'll learn where your personal and organisational customer service weaknesses are, and leave with solid techniques to plug these gaps and make your customer service the envy of your competitors.
This participant-driven training course will teach you how to provide the kind of service which will make you stand out from the competition. A solid course framework and huge opportunities to self-analyse and discuss industry-specific issues come together during two action-packed days, as you consider who your customers are, what they expect from you, and what you can provide which goes beyond their expectations.
What is Customer Service?
- Customer service defined
- Key elements of customer service
- How customer service links to organisational strategy
What does Excellence really mean?
- Getting inside the mind of the customer
- Considering what we want as customers
- Creating a Customer Service Standard
The role of personality types
- 5 clues to spot personality types
- The Navanter Personality Style Instrument
- Understanding rapport and conflict points
The customer journey
- Tracing the customer journey
- Identifying influence points
- Guiding the customer
- Making opportunities to delight customers
- Ensuring follow-through with actions
- Eliciting feedback from customers
Developing loyal champions
- The importance of repeat business
- The link between customer service and sales
- Encouraging repeat purchases
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Reducing tension in customers
- Creating happy customers with complaint resolution
- Recognising the importance of the CS role
- Vocal techniques to increase assertiveness
- Sounding confident and professional in all situations
- A deeper understanding of the importance of CS
- More credibility over the phone
- A more professional "public face" for the organisation
- The ability to handle difficult customers professionally
- Knowledge of how CS affects the business strategy
- Rapport-building skills to engage customers
Better resolution of problems
- Ability to reduce tension in upset customers
- Questioning skills to quickly identify problems
- Knowledge of when to assist, and when to escalate
A more sales-focused customer service team
- Customer service staff thinking like salespeople
- Up-selling and cross-selling to existing customers
- A CS team who will want to delight their customers
Customer Service professionals or other customer-facing staff who would like to provide service which makes the business excel.
As a sales-focused company, we know how much work it can require to win a new client. We also understand how easily a hard-won client can be lost when their experience as a customer doesn't match the experience during the sale.
We bring this in-depth knowledge of client expectations to customer service teams to help elevate an organisation's quality of service to the level at which customers tell others about their good experience, rather than searching for another supplier. This course is highly participative, making it very specific to each organisation through the structure of learning, discussion and group exercises.
|Delivery method||Client delivery|
|Face-to-face bite-size (assuming 3 sessions scheduled for same day)||£1,400|
|Virtual delivery - 4 sessions, 1 week apart||£1,600|
Learn more about our delivery formats.